Marton Local History Group’s Aims: to promote interest in the history of the Marton area by coordinated research, preservation of living memories and presentations to Group members and the general public.
If you wish to contact the Group please email: MLHG.Secretary<at>martonvillage.com
The Group is a member of Warwickshire Local History Society; their events page is here.
The Group is compiling articles about Marton’s history. Links to these articles are given on the History page of this website.
Programme of Group meetings: the programme for 2021/22 is given below. Group meetings are held in the Village Hall starting at 07:30pm (unless otherwise indicated). Everyone welcome.
- 25th October 2021: A tour of the village using images to highlight what we know of the built environment and some of the characters who lived in Marton over the centuries. This series of meetings will summarise all that has been leart over the last ten years of the MLHG’s existance.
Part 1: Starting at the river bridge on the main road.
- 29th November: A tour of the village. Part 2
- 31st January 2022: A tour of the village. Part 3
- 28th February: A tour of the village. Part 4:
- 27th March: Visit to Birdingbury church & Sunday tea at the Bilbury Club
- 25th April: AGM + Talk on the history of “The Elms”
- 16th May: walk around Brinklow with information about its historic buildings
Click here for the Group’s Privacy Notice.