Marton Local History Group’s Aims: to promote interest in the history of the Marton area by coordinated research, preservation of living memories and presentations to Group members and the general public.
If you wish to contact the Group please email: MLHG.Secretary<at>martonvillage.com
The Group is a member of Warwickshire Local History Society; their events page is here.
The Group is compiling articles about Marton’s history. Links to these articles are given on the History page of this website.
Programme of Group meetings: the programme for 2021/22 is given below. Group meetings are held in the Village Hall starting at 07:30pm (unless otherwise indicated). Everyone welcome.
- 25th October 2021: A tour of the village using images to highlight what we know of the built environment and some of the characters who lived here. Part 1: The main road.
- 29th November: A tour of the village. Part 2
- 31st January 2022: A tour of the village. Part 3
- 28th February: TBA (possible external speaker)
- 28th March: possible visit to local historic site
- 25th April: AGM + Talk on the history of “The Elms”
- 23rd May: walk around a local village with information about its historic buildings
Click here for the Group’s Privacy Notice.