Marton Local History Group’s Aims: to promote interest in the history of the Marton area by coordinated research, preservation of living memories and presentations to Group members and the general public.
If you wish to contact the Group please email: MLHG.Secretary<at>martonvillage.com
The Group is a member of Warwickshire Local History Society; their events page is here.
The Group is compiling articles about Marton’s history. Links to these articles are given on the History page of this website.
Programme of Group meetings: the programme for 2018/19 starts in October 2018 – details will appear here nearer the time. Group meetings are held in the Village Hall starting at 07:30pm (unless otherwise indicated). Everyone welcome.
The 2017/18 programme included:
- The history of some of the properties at the Chapel End section of High Street, talk by Group members
- The Home Guard, a talk by external speaker David Morse
- Marton Vicars Part 2, a talk by Group members
- guided visit to Stoneleigh
- Marton Chapel, a talk by Group members.
- Group AGM plus a “show and tell” session with Group members bringing along and explaining old artefacts
- guided walk around historic Kenilworth
Click here for the Group’s Privacy Notice.