Marton Local History Group’s Aims: to promote interest in the history of the Marton area by coordinated research, preservation of living memories and presentations to Group members and the general public.
If you wish to contact the Group please email: MLHG.Secretary<at>martonvillage.com
The Group is compiling articles about Marton’s history. Links to these articles are given on the History page of this website.
Programme of Group meetings: the programme for 2016/17 is given given below. Group meetings are held in the Village Hall starting at 07:30pm (unless otherwise indicated). Everyone welcome.
- October 31st: Marton agricultural labourers’ emigration to New Zealand in 1874/5, talk by Group members
- November 28th: Fred Hancox: An Exceptional Edwardian Amateur Photographer, talk by Group members
- January 30th: Marton’s vicars, curates and vicarage, talk by Group members
- February 27th: Marton in 18th C via wills and inventories , talk by Julie Chamberlain
- March 27th: Cordelia Leigh , talk by Sheila Woolf
- April 24th: AGM + 20th Century evolution of Marton, talk by Group members
- May 22nd: “Town walk” around Harbury. Meeting time: 6.45pm (prompt); location: High Street, Harbury, in car-park behind the library.