Marton Local History Group’s Aims: to promote interest in the history of the Marton area by coordinated research, preservation of living memories and presentations to Group members and the general public.
If you wish to contact the Group please email: MLHG.Secretary<at>martonvillage.com
The Group is a member of Warwickshire Local History Society; their events page is here.
The Group is compiling articles about Marton’s history. Links to these articles are given on the History page of this website.
Programme of Group meetings: the provisional programme for 2019/20 is given below. Group meetings are held in the Village Hall starting at 07:30pm (unless otherwise indicated). Everyone welcome.
- 28th October: Church zinc sign restoration: talk by the restorer
- 18th November: “Highwaymen”, a talk by Graham Sutherland
- 27th January: Marton Civil War Records, talk by group members
- 24th February: “From this ground” (stories, poems and folk songs about agricultural workers in late 19C Warwickshire) performed by Michael Luntley
- 30th March: Birdingbury Church afternoon visit. Meeting time and location TBA [Note: not at village hall]
- 27th April: Group AGM + short talk on History of The Elms
- 18th May: guided walk around historic Brinklow. Meeting time and location TBA [Note: not at village hall]
Click here for the Group’s Privacy Notice.