Marton Local History Group’s Aims: to promote interest in the history of the Marton area by coordinated research, preservation of living memories and presentations to Group members and the general public.
If you wish to contact the Group please email: MLHG.Secretary<at>martonvillage.com
The Group is a member of Warwickshire Local History Society; their events page is here.
The Group is compiling articles about Marton’s history. Links to these articles are given on the History page of this website.
Programme of Group meetings: the provisional programme for 2018/19 is given below. Group meetings are held in the Village Hall starting at 07:30pm (unless otherwise indicated). Everyone welcome.
- 29th October: Hidden Princethorpe (streetscape changes during the 20th century), a talk by Group members
- 19th November: National Service, a talk by Group members about their own experiences
- 28th January: Marton Vicars Part 3, a talk by Group members
- 25th February: walk around Leamington Hastings church. Meet at Leamington Hastings church for 11:00 start. [Date and time provisional. Note: not at village hall]
- 25th March: Leamington Hastings church restoration, a talk by Brian Cooke
- 29th April: Group AGM plus a talk by Group members about recent discoveries at the Marton museum
- 20th May: guided walk around historic Kineton. Meeting time and location TBA [Note: not at village hall]
Click here for the Group’s Privacy Notice.