Marton Local History Group’s Aims: to promote interest in the history of the Marton area by coordinated research, preservation of living memories and presentations to Group members and the general public.
If you wish to contact the Group please email: MLHG.Secretary<at>martonvillage.com
The Group is compiling articles about Marton’s history. Links to these articles are given on the History page of this website.
Programme of Group meetings: the (draft) programme for 2017/18 is given given below. Group meetings are held in the Village Hall starting at 07:30pm (unless otherwise indicated). Everyone welcome.
- October 30th: The history of some of the properties at the Chapel End section of High Street, talk by Group members
- November 27th: The Home Guard, a talk by external speaker David Morse
- January 29th: Marton Vicars Part 2, a talk by Group members
- February 26th: guided visit to Stoneleigh (so no meeting in the village hall). Places need to booked, and paid for, in advance.
- March 26th: Marton Chapel, a talk by Group members.
- April 30th: Group AGM plus a “show and tell” session with Group members bringing along and explaining old artefacts
- May 21st: guided walk around historic Kenilworth (so no meeting in the village hall). Details will be given nearer the time.